A spicy vegetarian dish that is simple and straightforward to make. Add a little fat-free natural yoghurt or crème fraiche when serving if too spicy! Serve with rice or baked potato and salad for extra carbohydrate if making a pre- or post-training meal. Alternatively, serve with lots of veggies or try making cauliflower rice.
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Calories: 314 kcal
Carbohydrate: 56 g
Protein: 13 g
Fat: 6 g
2 small onions, 1 cloves of garlic, 1 carrots, 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, tbsp. olive oil, 1×400 g tin chickpeas, 1×400 g tin of red kidneys beans in chili sauce, lx tins chopped tomatoes, 1 teaspoon of chili powder, 1 teaspoon of ground cumin, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, salt and ground black pepper.
Large potatoes for baking — one per person or rice
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees and put the potatoes in a baking tray into the oven
- Peel and chop the onion, garlic, carrots and peppers
- Place large casserole pan on medium heat then fry the chopped vegetables in a little olive oil
- Add the chili powder, cumin and cinnamon
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper
- Stir regularly for 5 min
- Add the drained chickpeas and kidney beans
- Add the tinned tomatoes
- Fill an empty tomato tin with water and add to the pan
- Bring to the boil then allow to simmer for around 30 min.