We hope you enjoy using our website, safe in the knowledge that we are committed in protecting your privacy and security online.
This Privacy Notice covers how we handle your data from this website and within our organisation. It does not include any website you have used to access this website or any website that you access from this website.
We are committed to protecting our customer privacy and take its responsibility regarding the security of customer information very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information.
- What personal data we collect and process about you in connection with your relationship with us as a customer and through your use of our website, mobile applications and online services;
- Where we obtain the data from;
- What we do with that data;
- How we store the data;
- Who we transfer/disclose that data to;
- How we deal with your data protection rights;
- How we comply with the data protection rules.
We will keep and use your data in terms of any legal or regulatory requirements that we have and can use your data to protect our legal position, if legal action is required, including the recovery of any outstanding debts.
Our Standard Business Operations
- To provide the products, services and any other responsibilities that we contract to do so with you
- To provide you with information that you request from us
- To confirm your identity as a natural living person
- As part of our billing, payments and recovery processes
We will share personal information with the relevant agencies and without notice, where we are requested to or suspect fraudulent activities, money laundering, terrorist related activities or where there is another legal requirement to do so.
We do not sell or hire your data or customer lists to any third-party. We may engage a reputable and trusted third-party to contact you on our behalf, with areas that you have given us consent, it is part of our contractual agreement, is a legal requirement or there is clear Legitimate Interest between us.
These services may include sending you email, calling you by telephone, information through the post, customer service related communication, arranging deliveries etc. These third-parties will only receive and be authorised to use the minimal data required and contracted to not use your data for any other reason than that contracted for.
We may share your or disclose your data in the following circumstances:
- If we buy, sell or merge any business or assets of that business and are required to share data as part of the buying, selling or merger agreement
- If our website is acquired by a third-party, where data is transferred as part of the purchased assets
Run North West will only collect and use your personal data for the following purposes, to:
- Fulfil your order(s) and race entries for health and safety purposes
- Keep you up to date with the latest offers and trends (legitimate interest)
- Help us to make our marketing more relevant to you and your interests
- Improve our services
- Meet our legal responsibilities
If any of the information that you have provided to us when you enter an event changes, for example if you change your email address, please email us at email@example.com as this may prevent you from receiving vital pre race information and if you’ve changed your address your race number.
We will keep your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) it was provided for and to meet our legal obligations. Further details of the periods for which we retain data are available on request.
The timescale for keeping your data will vary depending on the requirement. The criteria for this includes:
- The reason we are using your data. We will keep the minimum amount of data required for that reason and for the timescale that that reason requires (E.G. in the event we stop organising a specific event)
- Legal requirements and where a minimum timescale is set (E.G. Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC))
Run North West have appropriate organisational safeguards and security measures in place to protect your data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
The communication between your browser and our website uses a secure encrypted connection wherever your personal data is involved. We encrypt your data and store it on secure servers hidden behind a firewall.
We require any third party who is contracted to process your personal data on our behalf to have security measures in place to protect your data and to treat such data in accordance with the law.
In the unfortunate event of a personal data breach, we will notify you and any applicable regulator when we are legally required to do so.
There are various rights that you have as a UK natural living person (individual) under the GDPR. Below are the abbreviated ICO definitions and include:
- The right to be informed – Individuals have the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data
- The right of access – Individuals have the right to access their personal data and supplementary information
- The right to rectification – Individuals have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete
- The right to erasure – The right for individuals to have personal data erased. This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten. Please note this right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances
- The right to restrict processing – The right to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data. Please note this is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances
- The right to data portability – The right to data portability allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services
- The right to object – Individuals have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling), direct marketing (including profiling) and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
We collect data to help operate our business and deliver our products and services to you.
We may also wish to notify you of event, activities, publication and services that may be of interest to you should you consent to receiving these from us when registering with Nifty Entries, which we deem legitimate interest.
We need your data when entering an event to ensure we can post race numbers and vital race information to you as well as to obtain the relevant health and safety information required when running a UKA Licensed race. In case of emergency or feeling unwell during the event our medical team will need to know your name and any medical conditions in order to treat you accordingly. Prior to an event we will need to send you health and safety and other relevant event information for the event you’re participating in.
Third-Parties Who Form Part of Our Event Team
We may engage a reputable third-party such as Nifty Entries to help us deliver the product or service we have contracted with you. E.G. A third-party delivery company may be used. They will receive the minimal data about you to complete their part of the delivery process and we contract with them that your data should not be used for any other reason.
E.G. Runners who have provided a mobile telephone number will receive both their official race time and position from Nifty Entries post race.
Any information that we collect about you is stored electronically on our database. It may also be printed and stored in our filing system. We may also provide copies of your information to our official event charities should you select to be contacted by them when registering for a Run North West event.
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include anonymised data, where the identity and identifying information has been removed.
The following groups of personal data are collected:
The type of information we may collect about you includes:
Your name and address;
Your phone number and e-mail address;
Details about the services you specifically request;
Your gender and date of birth;
Whether or not you have a medical condition (although we do not usually ask what type of condition);
If you have entered a child/minor into our events we will hold details about the child/minor as well as the parent/guardian.
We will not collect or store any other sensitive information about you without your explicit consent
Financial Data includes information such as: payment card details and bank account.
Technical Data includes information such as: details of the device(s) you use to access our services, your internet protocol (IP) address, login data, your username and password, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of runners entering from a specific area. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Run North West (“Run North West”/”we”/”us”) is based on a thriving running community and partnership with our customers. This extends to the way we handle your personal information, working with our customers when it comes to their information privacy.
Here at Run North West we are committed to protecting your privacy online. You have control over the information we store about you and what types of information (if any) you would like to receive from us.
Should you wish to obtain a copy of the personal data that we hold on you, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. As soon as we are satisfied as to your identity, we will send to you a copy of all the data that we hold concerning you.