This healthy, low-fat homemade version of a Chinese Takeaway favorite provides a good source of protein and carbohydrate and is packed full of vitamins.
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Calories: 450 kcal
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrate: 80 g
Protein: 36 g
4 Chicken breasts or thighs (skin and bones removed), 20 g flour Salt & Pepper, 2 tbsp oil, 1 garlic clove, 2 Granny Smith apples, 1 can pineapple, 1 green pepper, 1 red pepper, 60 g uncooked rice per person.
Sauce: 1 tbsp cornflour, 1 dessert spoon soy sauce, 3 tbsp vinegar, 2 tbsp honey, 150 mL chicken stock, 150 mL pineapple juice from tin
- Cut the meat into 2 cm cubes and roll in the seasoned flour
- Finely chop the garlic
- Chop the peppers
- Core and slice the apple (leave the skin on)
- Drain the pineapple (KEEP THE JUICE) and chop into chunks
- Heat the oil, add the chicken and garlic and fry until light brown
- Add the apple, peppers and pineapple and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients and blend with a fork
- Boil the ingredients for 2-3 minutes on the hob or in the microwave
Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve with rice or noodles